LTE connections in North America have grown to 145 million subscriptions, representing 36 percent of the 398 million total mobile subscriptions in the region at the end of the third quarter of 2014, according to Informa Telecoms & Media research.
Latin America continues its growth of HSPA and LTE mobile broadband reaching a 35 percent market share of all mobile connections in the region.
LTE and HSPA in North America Market
"LTE adoption in North America continues to set the course for further growth in mobile broadband innovation with operators continuing to evolve their networks," said Chris Pearson, president of 4G Americas. "It is evident that customers continue to be responsive to LTE’s technology advancements and increased capabilities with more than 65 million added LTE connections in the past twelve months."
LTE has taken an increasingly larger share of the mobile broadband marketplace in North America. HSPA and HSPA+ now hold a 27 percent market share bringing the combined market share for LTE and HSPA mobile broadband in the region to 63 percent.
- 66 commercial LTE networks deployed in U.S. and Canada.
- 145 million LTE connections as of September 2014 for net gain of 66 million new LTE customers the last 12 months.
- 106 million HSPA connections.
- 251 million HSPA and LTE mobile broadband connections or 63 percent market share
LTE and LTE-Advanced Global Penetration
"LTE now represents 18 percent of all HSPA and LTE subscriptions worldwide as of September 2014 -- this is up from 10 percent just a year ago," said Kristin Paulin, senior analyst at Ovum. "LTE itself accounts for 5 percent of all mobile subscriptions worldwide as of September 2014 after having added 167 million new LTE subscriptions year-to-date."
- 360 commercial LTE networks today; 386 commercial LTE networks expected by the end of 2014.
- Over 400 total commitments to LTE deployment by wireless operators to date.
- 206 million LTE connections at the end of 2013; 373 million as of September 2014.
- LTE connections are forecast to reach 2.3 billion by 2019.
- 31 LTE-Advanced commercial networks (Dec 4, 2014) in 22 countries
4G Americas maintains a current list of LTE and LTE-Advanced Global Deployments on its website.